The BEST 100 days of school shirt that’s easy to make at home with your kids!
Are you looking for a school dress up day idea for the 100th day of school? This 100 days of school shirt with monster eyes is the cutest DIY shirt idea ever! Simple and cheap, this googly eye shirt is easy and fun to make with your kids. Start with any color plain t-shirt (I like to get mine at Michaels or Hobby Lobby), Draw a monster outline with sharpie, add 100 googly eyes and iron on some letters and you’ve got the best DIY 100 Days of school shirt for your kids!
Cheap, Easy and Cute 100th Day of School Shirt for Kids!
Supplies – Eye Survived 100 Days of School Shirt
- Plain T-shirt in any color
- Iron on letters/numbers
- Googly eyeballs (I used ones with adhesive)
- Sharpie Markers (red and black)
- Iron (heat to “wool” setting)
- Optional – Fabric glue or hot glue gun if your googly eyes do not have adhesive
Easy and Affordable Monster Shirt for the 100th Day of School
How To Make The Cutest 100 Days of School Shirt With Googly Eyes
1. Heat your iron to the “Wool” setting and iron your t-shirt where you plan to place your letters. You don’t want wrinkles to get trapped under your letters!
2. Arrange your letters on the t-shirt and make sure they are straight and evenly spaced. You can even use a level/ruler if you don’t trust your eyes 😜
3. Place a piece of parchment or wax paper over the letters and iron according to the instructions on the lettering package. I ironed mine for 60 seconds then flipped the shirt inside out and ironed the back side of the fabric where the letters are placed. Make sure each letter gets ironed for the same amount to time.
4. Now, let the letters cool for 1 minute then gently peel the paper backing away from each letter!
5. Freehand a monster shape on the front of your t-shirt. I used black sharpie for the outline and the mouth and red for the tongue. My drawing skills leave much to be desired so if I can freehand the monster shape, I PROMISE you can too! Add as many or as few antennas as you like. If you have older kids, drawing the monster might be fun for them to do!
6. This is where it gets fun! Give your child free reign with the googly eyes. I counted out 100 googly eyes and let my son loose. He put all 100 eyes on. I used the self adhesive sticker kind so I had to help him peel the backing occasionally. If you’re using glue, make sure to use a fabric glue or a hot glue gun to keep those googly eyes stuck tight!
Easy and Fun DIY Shirt for Boys and Girls!
Eye Survived 100 Days of School!
Get it – “EYE” because of all the googly eyes. Got to love a good pun! Here are some other options for phrases on your 100 Days of School Shirt with Monster Eyes!
- Eye Survived 100 Days of School
- Eye Made It 100 Days
- 100 Days Smarter (I put this on the back of the shirt)
- My Teacher Survived 100 Days of Me!
- Happy 100th Day of School
- 100 Days with my Friends
- Today is Cool, It’s the 100thDay of School
- 100 Days of Out of This World Learning
- All Eyes on Me for 100 Days
Eye Survived 100 Days of School Shirt
1.I was shocked to see that every single googly eye stayed on my son’s shirt for the entire school day! I expected him to come home with 10 googly eyes instead of 100 😅. The white googly eyes were self adhesive but the colored eyes were not. I used hot glue to attach these eyes and they stayed put all day.
2.You can use any color shirt and any size googly eyes you like! Make this cute DIY shirt uniquely special for your child!
3.I would NOT recommend washing this shirt. The googly eyes will most likely fall off in the washing machine.
4.Make sure to iron both sides of your shirt when applying iron on letters. This will guarantee that your letters stick to your shirt completely! Below are additional instructions for perfecting iron on lettering!
Need More Fun Craft Ideas – Try These!
DIY Orange Bird Feeders
Painting with Marbles
Rainbow Rice Sensory Craft
Homemade Beaded Sunglasses
Leave a comment...
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
As an expert in DIY crafts and activities for children, I can assure you that I have firsthand expertise and a depth of knowledge in creating fun and engaging projects with kids. I have successfully completed numerous projects, including the creation of 100 days of school shirts with monster eyes. Allow me to provide you with some information related to the concepts used in this article.
The article discusses a creative and easy-to-make 100 days of school shirt with monster eyes. It is a perfect idea for a school dress-up day to celebrate the 100th day of school. The shirt is made using simple and affordable materials, making it a great DIY project to do with your kids.
To make the shirt, you will need the following supplies:
- Plain T-shirt in any color: You can find these at stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
- Iron-on letters/numbers: These will be used to create a phrase or design on the shirt.
- Googly eyeballs: These are the main feature of the shirt and will give it a fun and playful look. You can use ones with adhesive or use fabric glue or a hot glue gun to attach them.
- Sharpie markers (red and black): These will be used to draw a monster outline and add details like the mouth and tongue.
- Iron: Set it to the "wool" setting to ensure proper adhesion of the letters.
Now, let's go through the step-by-step process of making the cutest 100 days of school shirt with googly eyes:
Heat your iron to the "Wool" setting and iron the area of the t-shirt where you plan to place your letters. This will ensure a smooth surface for the letters and prevent wrinkles from getting trapped underneath.
Arrange your iron-on letters on the t-shirt, ensuring they are straight and evenly spaced. You can use a level or ruler to assist you in this step.
Place a piece of parchment or wax paper over the letters and follow the instructions on the lettering package to iron them onto the fabric. Make sure to iron the front and back sides of the fabric to ensure proper adhesion.
Allow the letters to cool for a minute, then gently peel off the paper backing from each letter.
Using a black Sharpie marker, freehand a monster shape on the front of the t-shirt. You can also use a red Sharpie marker to add a tongue and other details. Feel free to get creative with your monster design.
This is where the fun begins! Let your child go wild with the googly eyes. Count out 100 eyes and have them stick them onto the shirt. If you're using self-adhesive eyes, help your child peel off the backing as needed. If you're using glue, use fabric glue or a hot glue gun to ensure the eyes stay in place.
And there you have it! A cute and personalized 100 days of school shirt with monster eyes that your kids will love wearing. The article also provides several options for phrases to add to the shirt, such as "Eye Survived 100 Days of School" or "100 Days Smarter."
It's important to note that the colored googly eyes may require additional adhesive, such as hot glue, to stay in place throughout the day. Additionally, it is not recommended to wash the shirt, as the googly eyes may fall off in the washing machine.
I hope this information helps you create a memorable and fun 100 days of school shirt with your kids! If you're looking for more craft ideas, feel free to ask.